welcome to oanh's guide lines .there are many things for you discovered mysterious islands or beneath the sea .fascination of foreign lands.for the people of the world live their lives very differently.desserts and tropical jungles.some live in highly developed modern states,surrounded by modern aids others are faced with a permanent threat of starvation and disease.important where they are and what they do??
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Egeskov Castle, the house as we see it today, was built by Frands Brockenhuus and was completed in 1554. A few years prior to this, he had married Anne Tinhuus who had taken over the original estate from her parents.
In those days, political unrest, the Reformation and the Counts' Feud caused many landowners to build their houses as well-protected castles, and Frands Brockenhuus was no exception. He built his castle in the middle of a lake on a foundation of oak pilings, according to legend, in such quantities that "it took an oak forest to do it".
The building, which looks so peaceful and idyllic to today's visitors was built for defence purposes. It consists of two long houses connected by a thick double wall - the first house could be abandoned and the fight continued from the second house. The double wall is so thick, it contains hidden stairs and a well to secure a water supply during a siege. The outer walls have machicolations for dropping solids or liquids on the enemy and embrasures, and the enemy's flank could be shot at from the towers. In addition, the only access to the house was across the drawbridge.
In the more than 400 years that have passed since it was built, various families have lived in the castle. In 1784, Egeskov was sold to Henrik Bille whose descendants have owned the castle ever since. In 1883, Julius Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille moved into Egeskov and, during his time at the castle, it was restored by Helgo Zettervall, a Swedish architect, who also made the tower roofs higher, re-established the corbie gables and built the gatehouse you pass through when visiting the castle.
During this period, the castle was developed into an up-to-date model farm with its own dairy, power station and railway track to Kværndrup, and this formed the economic basis for the large, modern farm that Egeskov is to this day.
The park has been open to the public for several generations and has remained unchanged since 1959 when restoration of the historic grounds commenced.